Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Poor, Poor Me

On Sunday night I wasn't feeling good. And I went to sleep and woke up because I like, wasn't able to swallow. And I was sobbing like crazy. My mom told me to sit on the couch until 9:00am because that was when the Doctor's office opened but then she called the doctor and they said to go to the Urgent Care right away. They said that we needed 2 adults in the car, one next to me and one to drive, the adult next to me was 'posed to make sure that I was breathing okay. And the doctor said that if we didn't have 2 adults that we should call an ambulance. So we had my mom sit next to me and my dad drove. And my brother was sitting on the other side of my mom. So when when we got there me and my mom immediately went to the desk and it was funny because the person at the desk thought I was a boy but then I walked towards my mom and she saw that I was a girl. Then they asked what our last name was, blah, blah, blah, you know all that stuff that they ask you. When they called my name me and my mom went into the office, I had to lay on this bed, they took my blood pressure and all that stuff, weigh me and then they told me that I had to gargle something that made my throat numb and after I had to do that 3 times they stuck a needle in my arm and there was a little tube attached to it and they put the medicine into the tube except for one. They gave me one shot in my leg, they had to put it right into the muscle and that actually calmed me down, except for the leg part.
They found out that I had a really severe case of strep throat. I think that if I didn't have a severe case, just a normal case then I would bearly be happy because I like the regular medicine ( you know the orange kind), but this time they just gave me the medicine in a shot in the muscle of my leg. When we got home I took a nap because one of the medicines that they gave me was a pain medicine that made me really sleepy so I took a nap for about 2 or 3 hours. When I woke up my mom gave me some medicine that tastes like bubble gum. It has a really strong flavor.
I'm feeling better now, in fact we actually had some ice cream today at Molly Moon's. The reason we were at Molly Moon's is because I was delivering our Girl Scout Cookies and we couldn't resist the ice cream when we delivered the 50 boxes they ordered from me.
Have you had Molly Moon ice cream? It's so good. My favorite is the Scout Mint and the Theo's Coconut Kiss mixed together. You should try it some time, but call me when you go so I can meet you there!!

P.S. I drew that picture. It's of me in the rain. It's a beautiful sunny day so it's not me today.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story Hazel! I love your drawing. You should draw another one of you in the sun.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Hazel! You are so brave! We are so glad you are feeling a little better now and that you got to have some delicious ice cream :) Great drawing too- it looks like it should be on a greeting card. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marg, I keep encouraging Hazel to draw more of these pictures with her in other weather scenes. There's just something about this one that I love so much.
    Tania, life is so much better when this little girl feels well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hazel: what a great storyteller you are! what an experience for you! i am so glad the doctors took such good care of you, and that you got better so quick. we love your drawing too! see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dollbaby. So glad she's better.

    ReplyDelete