Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yesterday and Today


I saw the movie Where the Wild Things Are yesterday because it was my dad's birthday. If you see it and if you have kids then you should, um, your kids might get a little emotional, like I did. And if it's okay, I want to tell you just a little bit about it...the emotional parts...just to give you a heads up:
When the boy and the mother fight, that's the worst part that made me emotional so it's ok if you close your kids eyes. And when he leaves the monsters? It's not like how I was picturing it. I was picturing him jumping off a mountain and landing in his boat and sailing away and I was picturing the monsters ALL to be howling at the top of the cliff. But instead, the main monster was so saaaad because the boy was leaving and all the other monsters knew about it, he lied to them (about being the king) and they got really mad and he crushed something that he worked on soooo hard and that's how sad he was. When he came back running to the beach, the boy was already sailing off in the water. And that's all I'll tell you.
I cried, my brother cried, my dad got teary and I don't know about my mom. My mom says that my brother was making a lot of noise during the movie but I didn't hear him.

Today, I went to the Fall Carnival and that's why the picture is up...I got my face painted. You're probably wondering, "Is it a cat? Is it a dog?" Well, I change it from cat to dog to cat to dog to cat. It was the BEST Fall Carnival. I got Heads (a fake lizard) and Tails (a fake snake). I might even take a picture of them...depending on what my mom says.

There's only one more day to the weekend. I hope you have a good one. I know I will...or I hope I will.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you've had a fun weekend, it was nice seeing you today in the mud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hazel

    Thanks for the info on "Wild Things", we've been talking about going to see it. Now we will for sure. I don't know when but we will.

    thanks again for your child eyes review

    we love you g&gk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hazel. Its Lena. I saw where the wild things are and I balled my eyes out when you see the monster Carol in his cave and then the sticks that have a c with a heart around it. I liked you review of it and I also had fun at the fall carnival!!! Hope to see you at school tomorrow!!!

    Lena

    ReplyDelete